- Posted by: mkt
- Category: Cryptographic
The European Union eIDAS (Electronic Identification, Authentication and trust Services) establishes strict regulations for the execution of transactions that require the use of digital signatures.
Within the eIDAS guidelines, service providers are called Trust Service Providers (TSP). They can provide signatures, time-stampings and digital certificate solutions that can use the kNET HSM Kryptus solution to comply with the highest levels of European security to meet the requirements of a Qualified Signature Creation Device.
The QSCD creates the qualified digital signature using the cryptographic key protected within the secure HSM module acting as a root of trust, which must be certified according to the Common Criteria Protection Profile and eIDAS Protection Profile (PP) EN 419 221-5 “Cryptographic Modules for Trust Services”.
The kNET HSM is finalising certification, fully meeting Common Criteria EAL 4+ augmented AVA_VAN.5 and ALC_FLR.3 eiDAS (EN-419-221-5).
The kNET HSM can be used to:
– Enable use of the private key for digital signature as per eIDAS regulations
– Protect and use encryption and decryption keys to ensure the confidentiality of critical data
– Allow and increase the authentication level for access and use of cryptographic keys to access systems and issue digital certificates
– Be used as the basis for EN 419 241-2 for the remote signing system
– Enable the execution of thousands of signatures per second for large operations.